Monday, June 16, 2008

Thankful for Naptime!

The other night during Kaylynn's night time prayers she said she was thankful for her nap. I thought that was super cute... then it dawned on me why she likes naptime sooooo much. She rarely actually sleeps during her nap. Instead she plays and like most toddlers one of her favorite past times is hoarding all sorts of items. You know the classic toddler sydrome where they are trying to hold too many things and bend to pick something else up, thereby dropping one or more of the items already being held. Then I thought of Kaylynn's bed and decided to take a look and see what all she keeps in bed with her.

Yes I counted... 31! That's the number of things she had tucked away in her bed with her. Everything from stuffed animal to books to a leaf off a plastic plant out in our hall!!! I took it all out and laid in all the floor and thought to myself: how on earth does she even have room to sleep in her bed!

1 comment:

Brian and Collette said...

Becca, I love that you blog! We miss you guys so much. Kaylynn is getting so big I can hardly believe it. I love the bed full of stuff! I found Aaron sleeping with one of his metal Thomas the Tank Engine trains right in the middle of his back the other day. I don't know how they sleep with all that stuff either. They just must be REALLY tired. Even still, I think I'd notice something like a great big metal train in my back!