Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

Today was Father's Day. I am fortunate enough to have two amazing men in my life that represent all that a father should be. One of them is my own dad. He raised me to be strong in the gospel, to have love in my heart and to take responsibiltiy for my actions whether they be good or bad. Currently he is serving in the Army in Afghanistan. It is hard having him so far away, but I am so proud of him and the work he is doing there. I got to video conference with him last night and it was wonderful to see him and to chat with him.

The other amazing man came to me in different circumstances. I had to find him, that man is my wonderful husband Chad. I knew he loved me and would be a good husband and eventually a good father when I married him. But I had no idea what a truly amazing dad he was going to be. Since the birth of Kaylynn I have seen first hand how much he loves his children. Kaylynn is so blessed to have an extremely involved daddy! And Madison will have the same type of relationship with her daddy when she gets here in August! He is constantly showing us how much he loves us through his actions. Kaylynn lights up when she sees him. He gets down on the floor and plays with her, he tickles her, relaxes with her, takes care of her, and loves being with her. She loves spending time with her daddy. She plays ball with him, turns him into a princess with her wand (let me tell he loves that game! lol), she lets him paint her nails (she won't let mommy do it, but she loves to have daddy do it). Chad has had to get used to a lot of very girly things but Kaylynn has such a strong hold on his heart that he does just about anything for her!



So I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank my amazing husband for all he does. It is a great honor to be his wife and to have his children. I am grateful that we are an eternal family. This joy never has to end, what a huge blessing!

No comments: