Friday, June 27, 2008
Our "Get Smart" Movie Adventure!
So we (my mom, my brother, Chad, Kaylynn and I) were eating at a downtown pizzaria today and on a whim decided to go see Get Smart at the theatre around the corner. Kaylynn was with us so we just decided to see how she would do. When she was 18 months old we took her to see Rattatouile and she didn't last too long so our hopes were not high. She made it through the WHOLE movie she didn't even squirm much. She even had a few funny comments during the movie: At one point in the movie Maxwell Smart goes through a doorway with strings of beads hanging down and the strings break and the beads go EVERYWHERE... Kaylynn says "OH NO! He's making a MESS!". There was another scene that involved a mouse climbing into Maxwell Smart's shirt, Kaylynn started laughing and yelled, "Look, it's a mousey!". This comment would not necessarily be deemed funny except that the theatre was extremely quiet so I am pretty sure everyone heard her brilliant take on the scene. In the middle of the movie she asked me to change the channel to Dora - haha like I can submit a full theatre to the wonderful "action scenes and comedy" of Dora the Explorer just for Kaylynn! At the end of the movie a song played while the credits rolled... Kaylynn said, "Oh, I love this song!!!" (it was a song I had never heard of so I know she hadn't) and then she started kicking her legs up and dancing. We were extremely excited that we were able to sit through the whole movie and that the movie had real people not cartoons!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How cute! I love the "Oh No! He's making a mess!" Thats great!
That is so cool! I love that she wanted you to turn
it to dora! To cute!
That is so cool! I love that she wanted you to turn
it to dora! To cute!
Post a Comment