Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Trip To Cali...Part 1

We had a fabulous vacation in California August 4-9! We went mainly for my brother's wedding but also decided to go do some fun things!
This is Madison on the Shuttle Bus on the way to pick up our rental car!
Ben's fiance's (now wife!) family was very gracious and let us stay in their pool house. So our first day there was spent in the pool and then later we went to Santa Cruz. Kaylynn turned into a lil fish while we were there, seriously! She absolutely loved the pool and got quite brave (almost too brave) by the end!
We started swimming while Madison took a nap and she woke up part way through so I got her in her swimsuit and brought her out, stuck her in her floatie and within minutes she was fast asleep! haha!
She woke up and had some fun a little while later!
Our first night we went to Santa Cruz to the board walk. It was a blast! It's like a fair, tons of rides and even a roller coaster (it was awesome!).
Kaylynn had a blast and was so brave! I wasn't sure if she was going to want to ride anything by herself but she just jumped right in!
Hi Mom and Dad!
Three words: Deep Fried Twinkie!

2 comments:

Tammy and Brian Family said...

I love the swimming pictures, I don't know that I have ever seen grandma in the water! Did Kaylynn get scared of the rides at all, I have been wondering if we should take the girls to the fair, but I have been wondering if they would even like it. What a fun time for you guys!

Chad and Becca said...

Kaylynn LOVED the rides. I didn't think she would, especially since we couldn't ride with her, but she hopped right on and enjoyed herself!