Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

Happy Independence Day! We had a great family day! We went to an awesome park with my extended family for a picnic and Chad BBQ'd for us that evening. We got some fireworks (the kind that don't leave the ground) and set them off before Kaylynn went to bed. She absolutely hated the fireworks! She hid behind my mom's legs and wanted to be in someone's arms! I think they were too loud for her. The shirt says it all! This is our Miss Independent! She reminds us of this daily so it is only fitting for her to have a shirt to go with the personality!
Mom hung a big flag on the front of the house. Chad lifted her up so she could touch it. She loves flags and points them out wherever we go. She even points out the stars on them.
This was at the family picnic. This park has a fun water park part. It is a pirate theme and you get squirted and sprayed and have water dumped on you. Kaylynn does not appreciate being sprayed at! She lasted about 2 minutes before she was in tears. And like any girl... when life gets you down you eat cookies... and lots of them! This is her examining the sprinkle residue left on her hands from her cookie binge! Later on at home we let her play in her pool while daddy BBQ'd and she loved that! We had a wonderful day and hope that everyone else did too!

2 comments:

The Halls said...

I love the patriotic clothing. Super cute. Kaylynn looked way cute! When are you due?

Chad and Becca said...

Thanks! I am due August 24th so I have about 6 weeks left. I can't wait!